Tamil Nadu Commercial Bank and Co-operative Banks Holiday List 2022
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU 2021
PUBLIC (MISCELLANEOUS) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.935, Dated the 02nd November 2021
Holidays – Public Holidays under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 for the State Government Offices and all Commercial Banks including Co-operative Banks in Tamil Nadu for the year 2022 – Orders issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.554, Public dated 27.10.2020. (Misc.) Department, dated 27-10-2020
2. Reserve Bank of India letter No.CHN.HRMD C4D.No.S527/dated:08.07.2021. 04.01.001 /2021-2022,
The Government of Tamil Nadu pass the following orders in regard to the observance of Holidays in the State of Tamil Nadu for the year 2022:-
(i) Public Holidays: The Holidays declared under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) indicated in the notification appended to this order will be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.
(ii) Government Holidays: The Government direct that all the offices under the control of the Government of Tamil Nadu be closed on:-
(a) The dates specified in the notification appended to this order (except Annual Closing of Bank Accounts on 01.04.2022)
(b) All Saturdays and Sundays in the year 2022.
2. The above notified public Holidays shall also apply to all State Government Undertakings/Corporations/Boards, etc.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Under the “Explanation” to section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) read with Notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs,No.20-25-26, Public-1, dated the 8th June 1957, the Government of Tamil Nadu hereby declares that, in addition to “Sundays” expressly defined as public Holidays in the said “Explanation”, the following days shall be public Holidays for the year 2022.
Sl.No Public Holidays Date Day
- New Year’s Day 01-01-2022 Saturday
- Pongal 14.01.2022 Friday
- Thiruvalluvar Day 15.01.2022 Saturday
- Uzhavar Thirunal 16.01.2022 Sunday
- Thai Poosam 18.01.2022 Tuesday
- Republic Day 26.01.2022 Wednesday
- Annual Closing of Accounts for Commercial Banks & Co-Operative Banks 01-04-2022 Friday
- Telugu New Year’s Day 02.04.2022 Saturday
- Tamil New Year’s Day/Dr.B.R.Ambedkar’s Birthday/Mahaveer Jayanthi 14.04.2022 Thursday
- Good Friday 15.04.2022 Friday
- May Day 01.05.2022 Sunday
- Ramzan (Idu’l Fitr) 03.05.2022 Tuesday
- Bakrid (Idul Azha) 10.07.2022 Sunday
- Muharram 09.08.2022 Tuesday
- Independence Day 15.08.2022 Monday
- Krishna Jayanthi 19.08.2022 Friday
- Vinayakar Chathurthi 31.08.2022 Wednesday
- Gandhi Jayanthi 02.10.2022 Sunday
- Ayutha Pooja 04.10.2022 Tuesday
- Vijaya Dasami 05.10.2022 Wednesday
- Milad-un-Nabi 09.10.2022 Sunday
- Deepavali 24.10.2022 Monday
- Christmas 25.12.2022 Sunday
* Applicable only to Commercial Banks and Co-operative Banks in Tamil Nadu.
CHIEF Secretary to Government